Saturday, October 10, 2015

Fresh Pasta at Home

Sometimes I feel like marriage can easily slip into routines and we find ourselves forgetting why we fell in love in the first place. That may sound cheesy, but think about it for a second, you may be surprised to realize that you've fallen into that trap too.

One thing that helps my husband and myself to feel special when we can't leave the house for a date, is to purchase special food for our special night in. Just taking a little bit of extra time to shop for our date at a unique, or specialty store can help a lot to get us excited about having some time together. If you're interested in this kind of date, check out Fabio's Fresh Pasta where you can purchase your own fresh pasta to make at your house with your spouse.

My husband is wonderful about making special meals and going out of his way to make me feel important. I love this about him, one thing I would say as a word of warning, however, is this: please take time to work together after the meal to clean up. I will say again, my husband is so sweet, but it takes away from the enjoyment of the night to know that I will be cleaning up alone after the date. So plan to bond with each other over the food, but also over the work that you put in together.

Relationship Reconnection:
Take the evening and talk about something fun. My husband and I like to talk about what our dream kitchen would look like while we cook, or we plan the biggest and craziest trip we can imagine while we cook together. It's just dreaming, and it's fun, but it gets us laughing and smiling together, and you can learn a lot about who a person is from what they want. Enjoy the conversation together.

No comments:

Post a Comment