Wednesday, April 29, 2015

77380 The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center

Alright, if you are looking for a fun place to getaway for the weekend with your spouse, this place has it all! This resort is hidden away in the Texas Piney Woods (28,000 acres of forest).  This place has so many fun things to do including; a golf course, world-class tennis center, a relaxing spa, fitness center, a huge pool area, and is surrounded by various hiking and biking trails (over 200 miles of it).  They even have fun activities at night like building your own s’mores around their fire pits, or a dive-in movie. 
If you plan your trip during the summer, be sure to check out their enormous pool.  It was rated in the top 10 pool destinations in North America. They have 5 different pools with spas, waterfalls and helix slides.  You can also jump on a tube and hold hands with your spouse as you take a relaxing ride along their 1,005 foot lazy river that winds through the beautiful surrounding woodlands.

The spa offers some time to sit back and relax with your spouse.  They even have couple’s treatment rooms so that you can both relax together as you choose from their various body treatments available. 

Remember, use this get-a-way as an opportunity to get to know your spouse a little better as you leave the rest of life’s worries behind you.  As you sit by the pool, or relaxing in your hotel room take some time to do John Gottman’s Love Map activity.  According to Gottman, having a love map is basically knowing the little things about your spouse.  The small things that are going on in their lives, and knowing those things can have a big impact on the healthiness of a relationship.  It is important to know what your spouse’s hopes and dreams are, what are the things that are bugging them at work, or something they are currently worried about.    Here is a list of some of things you can try to answer about each other that come from Gottman’s Love Map activity.  As you go through and try to answer these questions and learn about each other, your love map with become more extensive and your bond with each other will strengthen.

  • Name my two closest friends
  • What was I wearing when we first met?
  • Name one of my hobbies.
  • What stresses am I facing right now?
  • Describe in detail what I did today, or yesterday.
  • What is my fondest unrealized dream?
  • What is one of my greatest fears or disaster scenarios?
  • What is my favorite way to spend an evening?
  • What is one of my favorite ways to be soothed?
  • What is my favorite getaway place?
  • What are some of the important events coming up in my life? How do I feel about them?
  • What are some of my favorite ways to work out?
  • Name one of my major rivals or "enemies."
  • What would I consider my ideal job?
  • What medical problems do I worry about?
  • What was my most embarrassing moment?
  • Name one of my favorite novels/movies.
  • What is my favorite restaurant?

No comments:

Post a Comment